Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cytori: Striking Kidney Results in Phase I Study

It's been a while since I've provided an update on Cytori Therapeutics even though there has been great news coming out over the last few months. Here are a few examples:

July 27, 2010 July 29, 2020 August 12, 2010 September 16, 2010

However, today I thought I'd use kidney news as an opportunity to share my thoughts.

Although it’s a pre-clinical study, the strikingly positive kidney news this morning provides yet another example of what makes Cytori a special and potentially revolutionary company. It’s all about their REGENERATIVE PLATFORM, a single, therapeutic platform to cure (not just treat) a multitude of diseases and conditions. The driver that makes this possible is the miracle of ADRCs, regenerative cells present in every individual’s fat tissue. Harvesting and concentrating the body’s own specialized cells, developed over millions of years of evolution, appear to be more effective and safe than any man made therapy in targeting areas where the body needs help for its survival. Why does this work? Because this is how the human body is designed to heal itself. It’s a beautiful concept and a story that, I firmly believe, will one day catch investor’s imagination as sales ramp up and media coverage spreads. We haven’t seen it on a large scale basis yet but I believe that we will and I have placed my bets accordingly. But hey, don’t take my word for it…as always, do your own due diligence.

No comments: